WHOWWHO SHOULD APPLY?
Preferred candidates would be Illinois residents with a background and commitment to practice medicine in rural Illinois communities.
DESCRIPTION OF RMED APPLICATION AND ADMISSIONS PROCESS
Students apply to both the University of Illinois College of Medicine and to the RMED Program, a dual application process:
- Apply to the University of Illinois Chicago (UIC) Medical School (AMCAS)
- Completed RMED application, three letters of recommendation and a copy of your AMCAS application should be sent to:
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Rockford
Rural Medical Education Program
1601 Parkview Avenue
Rockford, Illinois 61107-1897
**These documents MUST be received by the RMED office by December 1**
- Applicants are screened in December and will be notified as to whether they are invited for an RMED interview.
- RMED interviews occur in late January on the Rockford campus. RMED applicants are interviewed by the Recruitment and Retention Committee composed of rural health care professionals and rural community members.
- If selected, the applicant is presented to the UIC College of Medicine Admissions committee in Chicago for admission as a RMED student.
- Applicants will receive a decision letter as to whether they have been accepted or denied from the Admissions office at UIC College of Medicine.
If admitted to the RMED Program, RMED students are REQUIRED to participate in all four years of the Rural Health Professions (RHP) curriculum during medical school.
In accepting the offer of admission to the RMED Program at the University of Illinois College of Medicine, students will be asked to sign the RMED Pledge. Click here to view the RMED Pledge.
Click here for the RMED Application. (If you have difficulties downloading the application, right click on link and "Save target as" a pdf.)
Click here for the RMED Application Check-List.
For information about financial aid, please visit: http://www.medicine.uic.edu/finaid